Latest News from PACT
PACT (Parents’ Association of Children with Tumours and Leukaemia) was founded in 1977 - with a donation of £113 - when eight parents created a support group for families whose children had cancer. PACT started raising funds for a Christmas party and a summer trip for the children. The charity expanded its remit to include children with leukaemia in 1978 and, as funds were secured, services grew to include new ideas like the provision of equipment and facilities for families.
In 1977 a child with cancer had a 55% chance of being alive 10 years after diagnosis. Today that chance has improved to more than 75%. However the cost of this is often prolonged and intensive treatment and sadly this is not always successful. PACT continues to be an invaluable source of both practical and emotional support for children and their families throughout their contact with the oncology unit.
Over the last 30 years PACT has continued to raise money to help support the families, and increasingly to support the ward and clinic at the hospital, as well as contributing to research.
- 14.04.14 Chris Blackabee is cycling for PACT
- 14.04.14 Jack and Max
- 12.04.14 Come along to the Ellie's Heroes Auction night for PACT
- 12.04.14 Funky Dance Fever are dancing for PACT
- 18.02.14 Friends For Childrens Charities help PACT
- 09.02.14 Seven Hills WI raise another £1,700 for PACT
- 03.02.14 David Amans rides for PACT
- 21.01.14 Cameron Ward raises £300 for PACT
- 02.01.14 Taylor&Emmet raise £1,100 for PACT
- 11.12.13 Fox and Hounds raise £1,000 for PACT again !